Author Topic: Samsung Health is full of Cheaters  (Read 117 times)

ethic

• Gay Pride
  • Jackass VII
    • Orphan Fish
Samsung Health is full of Cheaters
« on: April 22, 2018, 06:03:16 PM »
On the April challenge I'm ranked about 4100 out of 1.2m participants. I have about 538k steps so far this month; with a daily average of just under 11 miles. The top 10 people have over 2 million steps. That's a daily average of about 40 miles. There is absolutely no way these people are walking 40 miles/day everyday.

Rigged.
I watch you...
:rad: :rad:

tgm

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Samsung Health is full of Cheaters
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 08:03:38 PM »
test rigs.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 04:46:26 PM »
wow, averaging 11 miles is huge. How do you do that?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ethic

• Gay Pride
  • Jackass VII
    • Orphan Fish
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 07:00:11 PM »
I've been jobless the last few months. I also don't own a car.  I wake up and walk/hike. 3 miles to trailhead, 4 mile loop, 3 miles back. Most days though I go get a burrito after my walk which is an additional 4 miles or so.
I watch you...

micah

• A man on the Internet.
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Good man. Nixon's pro-war and pro-family.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 10:24:09 PM »
years ago, I helped build a cheesy flash-based game at work for a client... just a gimicky thing to market their bank.  I actually didn't write bad flash code, I wrote the login authorization and leader board code... anyway, we calculated the theoretical max score you could get to be around 150,000 but after launch several players somehow ended up on the leaderboard with scores 3 or 4 times what figured was even possible.  The analytics data suggested they were legitimately playing the game and not hacking the results but I never figured out how they could possibly get such high scores.

That doesn't answer your concern of course, but I bet its something similarly dumb.. probably people who figured out how to rig the tracker up to a machine that "runs" all day or maybe test engineers messing with the database.

"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ethic

• Gay Pride
  • Jackass VII
    • Orphan Fish
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 09:32:52 PM »
I ended the April Challenge at 4008 out of 1.3 million people. Had about 736k total steps. A little under 11 miles / day average.

1st place had 3.6 million steps. That's a 60 mile / day average. They would have to walk 3.75 mph for 16hrs / day, everyday in order to reach that distance. It also means they increased their average by 50% since last time I posted.

I don't think the human body can withstand that abuse.

It's just so weird people would cheat over something so meaningless.

I watch you...

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 10:26:36 AM »
Have you tried sending this info to their customer support? If they real users are deterred by this maybe they'll crack down on cheaters.