Author Topic: Draft: Streaming Service  (Read 656 times)

ethic

• Flat Earther
  • Jackass VII
    • Orphan Fish
Draft: Streaming Service
« on: March 20, 2019, 05:08:29 PM »
Netflix, Hulu, Amazon or HBO Now?
I watch you...
:rad: :rad:

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Draft: Streaming Service
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 05:22:02 PM »
CBS Watch (only 1/2 kidding)
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 08:52:54 AM »
We.... have all of these?  We only have Hulu because we dropped TV through Spectrum.  Amazon we get because of Prime.  We've thought about dropping Netflix but we're currently watching at least 2 shows on it.  We will likely drop HBO for a while since we're not using it enough to justify it.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 09:23:08 AM »
the only HBO shows I watch are westworld and silicon valley, neither of which are returning until 2020.  And even those, I usually just "find" on the Internet ;)

I have a love hate relationship with netflix.  I feel like it never has anything that I want to watch, like if i say "i feel like watching back to the future" its not there.  But on the other hand, last year, I binge watched like 10 different entire tv series.  None of which I would have been looking to find on my own had they not been suggested by netflix in the first place.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

tgm

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 12:13:47 PM »
YouTube TV and Prime Video with occasional HBO channel.
This signature intentionally left blank.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 11:58:02 AM »
I have a love hate relationship with netflix.  I feel like it never has anything that I want to watch, like if i say "i feel like watching back to the future" its not there.  But on the other hand, last year, I binge watched like 10 different entire tv series.  None of which I would have been looking to find on my own had they not been suggested by netflix in the first place.

Yeah... it's taken me awhile to change my mindset from Netflix being a place to find all the old shows and movies I remember to a place that is almost all new content just from them like an HBO or a broadcast network. Like if I go to CBS Watch I'm not expecting to see old episodes of Modern Family.

Netflix is trying to get so much content that it controls that there won't be much difference between cable and Netflix other than the specific shows on each. Both will have a wide selection of every kind of random TV show or movie imaginable.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 02:32:56 PM »
Sling!
definitely bas

RobR

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 11:48:46 AM »

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2019, 10:27:02 PM »

I realize I have all these right now one way or another... My ranking:

HBO Now
Netflix

Hulu
Amazon

Although I'd probably drop HBO after 6 months or so once I watched everything on it I wanted to watch.