Author Topic: Interesting/favorite streaming shows right now  (Read 759 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Interesting/favorite streaming shows right now
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2019, 10:37:17 PM »
HBO - True Detective Season 3

I'm not sure how many of you saw the first two seasons (the first one was amazing, the second one was so-so) - but this one is pretty great as well. The dialogue and the acting are top notch - really, the acting is superb. I don't think I've seen the lead guy in anything else, but holy shit - he is good. So is his partner. I thought that the jumping in time through over 3 decades will get tiresome, but they pulled it off pretty brilliantly.

Whoever wrote the script and the dialogue between Wayne and his wife knows exactly how relationships work (at least from my perspective) - I swear my wife and I had the same conversations, albeit in different circumstances.

I think my only critique is that the story dragged a bit - I think it could have been told with 1.5 less episodes.

Anyway, you should see it! and you don't have to see S1 or S2, as all 3 are independent of each other as stand alone stories. Although, there is a little easter egg to S1 in this one.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2019, 10:37:52 PM »
Dude. Look at the post above you. The Expanse is phenomenal. It's on Amazon

Yes, I was looking at that - will give it a try tonight
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2019, 01:50:57 AM »
We got HBO now that weíre about to drop Hulu live. Iíve just finished Barry seasons 1 & 2. Itís a really good show and Iíll keep watching season 3 if I can when it comes out but something feels a little off to me. Maybe just the idea of the anti-hero who they try really hard to make you want to root for but you really canít if youíre honest about it.

Starting True Detective Season 1 now. Iíll check out s3 next.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2019, 08:45:57 AM »
>Starting True Detective Season 1 now

This is really an awesome show. I haven't seen the second two yet but the first was really well done.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2019, 12:42:31 PM »
Dude. Look at the post above you. The Expanse is phenomenal. It's on Amazon

Yes, I was looking at that - will give it a try tonight

I saw the first 1.5 episodes and so far so good!! I think it is a viable idea about humanity's future

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2019, 12:50:27 PM »
I'm 6 episodes into Alcatraz (2012) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcatraz_(TV_series)

It got canceled after a 13-episode single season but I can't imagine why - other than the fact that it was on Fox, who has a track record of canceling every promising show I like LOL

One of the main characters is the guy from Jurassic Park but like, now he's old.  The main character played by Sarah Jones who is wicked cute.

Anyway, reminds me a lot of person of interest but with a different background.  Each episode stands alone with bad-guy of the week, but there's a captivating overall mystery pseduo-sci-fi story arc. 
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

micah

• Jackass In Charge
    • micahj.com
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2019, 11:27:09 AM »
I finished all 13 episodes of Alcatraz this morning.  It ended by answering many of the story arc's big questions but, like any such serial drama, left a few questions and pretty big cliff hanger for a season 2 that never happened.  It's a shame, I really enjoyed it.  The ending isn't so horrible that it's not worth watching. I still recommend it.  It well written, well acted and production value is pretty good for TV (especially considering it was from like 6 or 7 years ago)

Not sure if it's on netflix/hulu/amazon but I watched it on cwseed.com for free (because it was recommended after I finished watching the latest episode of "The 100" which is now in it's 6th season)
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

micah

• Jackass In Charge
    • micahj.com
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2019, 12:08:50 PM »
I just finished binge watching Time After Time.  It was only 12 episodes. Apparently it got pulled off the air after 5 episodes but they did produce a full half-season and that 12th episode, though it has a cliff hanger, does tie up all the loose ends from the story arc.

I mean, I guess it sucked because the review say so and it got canceled super early -- but honestly I really enjoyed it.   Totally worth a few nights of your time.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2019, 07:18:52 PM »
Finished Barry and True Detective 1 & 3 and canceled HBO.

Still working through Catastrophe and Please Like Me. Please Like Me season 3 was really good. I'm trying to finish the shorter season 4 so I can cancel Hulu.

Haven't gone back to Maisel. Still might.

Occasionally put on Orange is the New Black season 2 but can't stay into it. I heard the last season was good so I might just watch that and call it a day.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2019, 07:20:58 PM »

I don't think I've seen the lead guy in anything else, but holy shit - he is good.

I mean... he has won two Oscars already.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2019, 08:09:03 PM »

I don't think I've seen the lead guy in anything else, but holy shit - he is good.

I mean... he has won two Oscars already.

I have not scene him before. Which season did you like better 1 or 3

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2019, 10:31:06 PM »
Not shocked you hadn't seen him, but yeah he is pretty good.

Definitely liked season 1 better than 3. The story was more tense. The middle episodes were more interesting.

I "liked" the s3 characters better but they weren't super interesting and the main character of s3 was just a little too plodding with everything.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2019, 06:11:37 AM »
The Good Place is a blast.  The Boys and Carnival Row are also.