Author Topic: beyond the streetlight  (Read 29 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
beyond the streetlight
« on: July 09, 2019, 01:44:19 AM »
The waxing half-moon is bright tonight in a clear cloudless sky as twilight settles into a deep blue. The fireflies, awakened by the summer evening’s cool breeze, briefly share their light over the now-shadowed grass which stands tall, awaiting the morning’s dew.  Behind the streetlight, one can only imagine the starry heavens; clustered with the fruits of endless galaxies. Unfathomable brightness journeying incomprehensible distances for implausible eons, reduced to the faintest point of light and seen only by a lucky few. And there I stand, alone, listening to the chronic hum of the nearby interstate that masks the cricket’s call and the whispered groan of gently swayed trees. If for just this hour I could see those collective suns that disrupt the void, and stare into the depths of infinity; then I could know I’ve seen serenity.  To drown myself in the entirety of endlessness for just one hour and touch tranquility.  But this fucking street light.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 03:18:55 AM by micah »
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."