Author Topic: Star Trek Picard  (Read 139 times)

ethic

• Flat Earther
  • Jackass VII
    • Orphan Fish
Star Trek Picard
« on: August 01, 2019, 09:07:24 PM »
I watch you...
:rad: :rad:

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Star Trek Picard
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 01:30:25 PM »
Looks so good

https://youtu.be/KbXy0f0aCN0

indeed, looks awesome. he is old as fuck, but hopefully he is label to pull it off. So will I have to subscribe to anything else to be able to watch this, or will this air on cbs?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mike

• Ass Wipe
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 04:28:08 PM »
I think this will be on the CBS streaming service.  But, hell I'd subscribe for that.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 05:12:59 PM »
indeed, looks awesome. he is old as fuck, but hopefully he is label to pull it off. So will I have to subscribe to anything else to be able to watch this, or will this air on cbs?

Pretty sure you need CBS All Access (or Torrent  ;) )
I got it last year for a couple month to watch the first season of the new Trek series as well as binge watching all of NCIS and Blue Bloods.
I signed up using the App so that I could pay with my google play account which has a bunch of credit from my google opinions rewards app.

I haven't seen the second season of that new Star Trek: Discovery series and kinda want to... so I might buy another month if all the episodes are out (not sure when it ran and if its over already)... then I'll probably do the same for the Picard series.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 07:26:54 AM »
Discovery is the antithesis of Star Trek and should not bear the name.  AWFUL writing, the story is stolen from a guy who makes indy games and the ST part always has to be at least 20% different from other ST.  From uniforms, to story, to yeah every single detail.  You want ST go see The Orville, a far more ST story and characters. 

Picard is going to follow suit.  Worse Stewart is going to be a secondary character in his own show.  Funding was originally supposed to be from Netflix.  They were so displeased with the writing they walked away, even after a rewrite.  The show was cancelled and the staff laid off.  They got a bargain basement deal with Amazon and went back to work after a third and now fourth rewrite and a 70% budget cut.  Word has it that Word has it Picard won't isn't allowed by the franchise to don the Starfleet uniform and that Amazon is already regretting the entire deal.  This was paraphrased, however the essence is correct.  Lots of write ups on the mess. 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 07:34:52 AM by KnuckleBuckett »