Author Topic: Coronavirus COVID-19  (Read 7276 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19
« Reply #300 on: August 14, 2020, 02:15:07 PM »
Keep an eye on it though. We had a guy at work that seemed like he might have had it but tested negative. The doctor didn't seem to think much of it and mentioned that they've seen about a 30% false negative rate. So it might be wise to get tested again later if you don't feel better in a bit. They think he might have actually had it before though and what he was dealing with may have been lingering side effects.
This signature intentionally left blank.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19
« Reply #301 on: September 07, 2020, 09:08:02 PM »
Just thought I'd update... as posted in a safe-contact thread earlier this week...both my parents have confirmed cases of covid.  From my dads texts, its mostly flu-like symptoms and extreme tiredness and loss of taste and smell but no serious complications (as of yet.)  Fingers crossed for them...and my step-moms parents who are both wicked old.. her dad already looked like Mr Burns so I can't even imagine how he's doing.

Meanwhile, tomorrow is the first day of school.  My kids were issued (really nice) iPads and the first 2 days for them in this "hybrid" model are remote days.  So they'll be in and out of video chats with their class and doing assignments from about 9 to 2 every day with a few small breaks.  Thursdays and Fridays will be in school.  We'll see how it all goes.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."